18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are looking for a confident, compassionate & committed Social Worker.
It’s an excellent opportunity to progress your career as a valued member of a supportive team.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our clients – it's a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
Cygnet Hospital Beckton:
Cygnet Beckton is a specialist Mental Health hospital comprising 4 wards, including a PICU, LD Ward and 2 PD (Personality Disorder, EUPD and BPD) wards. The role we are offering at this time is for social work support on our PD wards.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, your duties will include providing detailed assessments of clients and advice on the clinical management team of complex cases, joint assessments with colleagues; liaison with family and patients home teams and support the implementation of Safeguarding procedures and policies. You will be expected to write a variety of reports including tribunal and CPA reports.
Cygnet Beckton is a dynamic environment working with clients who present with a range of behaviours which can present as challenging to manage. There are many opportunities to learn and develop your social work practice and access to training and support is readily available.
- Work in partnership with patients, their families and other stakeholders to assist with the recovery process
- Forge links and maintain contact with other statutory agencies
- Lead on the social care needs of patients
- Ensure that patients and their families/carers are aware of their legal rights
- Take an active role in safeguarding within the multidisciplinary team
- Provide written reports to the multidisciplinary team and other professionals
- Registered with Social Work England
- Applicants should have at least 3 years post qualifying experience as a social worker and/or significant Mental Health experience.
- Experienced in working within a mental health setting, or passionate about working in this field
- Knowledgeable of safeguarding, health & safety, data protection, confidentiality issues & equality & diversity
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Skilled in report writing with excellent literacy skills and attention to detail
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities, including into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, expert supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
- Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.