18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic Social Worker seeking a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Social Worker to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Appletree.
Cygnet Appletree, near Durham, is a mental health hospital for women that includes Pippin Ward, a specialist PICU service and Bramley Ward, an acute service for women.
- You’ll be working 40 hours a week alongside a team of experienced Social Workers with an emphasis on patient contact and face-to-face work with individuals.
- Work in partnership with service users, their families and other stakeholders to support patient’s progress through their treatment pathway
- Ensure that patients and their families/carers are aware of their legal rights
- Take a lead role in safeguarding within the multidisciplinary team
- Forge links and maintain contact with external agencies
- Lead on assessing and supporting the social care needs of patients
- Provide written reports to the Mental Health Review Tribunal, Hospital Managers , and other key professionals
- Registered as a Social Worker with Social Work England and have a relevant Social Work qualification
- Experienced in working in a mental health setting, or passionate about working in this field
- Highly knowledgeable of the Care Act, Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act, as well as
- GDPR and patient confidentiality
- Able to confidently apply the principles of safeguarding adults in practise
- One years’ experience working as a Social Worker
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Skilled in report writing with excellent literacy skills and attention to detail
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary of up to £45,760 per annum
- Monthly reflective practice, expert supervision & peer support
- Free Lunch
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & excellent employee discount savings
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.