18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
The Squirrels is a 9 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration.
We are currently recruiting for support workers to assist our residents in the provision of care ensuring Individuals retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible as well as being involved in the general activities of the home.
In this role you’ll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
- Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for our residents to live in, which will involve undertaking some domestic duties and complying with policies and procedures
- Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard residents
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
- Follow and learn specific behavioural support techniques
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary professionals such a psychology, psychiatry and occupational therapy
We're looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Flexibility to work 12 hour shifts on a rota basis
In return we’ll offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- DBS paid
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in the role, please forward over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org