18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs and learning disabilities within the UK. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 8800 employees empower 3000 individuals across 140 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.
If you want to make a difference and ensure people can achieve their goals and get the most out of life, then please read on...
This position is based at Shear Meadow, a residential service providing outcome focused care for adults with learning disabilities, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs.
In this role your main focus would be to provide safe, sound and supportive care to the people you support. You will have working relationships with the nursing and multi-disciplinary teams, and will play an important role in the lives of the people you support, as well as their families or loved ones. As a key member of the support team, you may be required to contribute to service user multi-disciplinary meetings.
The support and care you provide will be respectful, dignified and caring, following each individual's person-centred care plan to promote choice and independence.
So what qualifications and attributes do you need?
- We welcome all applicants that feel they would be able to make a positive difference to people's lives
- Must have a valid driving license for a minimum of 2 years
- You would need to be compassionate, understanding and trustworthy
- Previous experience would be beneficial, but not essential
Some of the benefits of this role include:
- 28 days annual leave
- Length of service awards
- Fully paid comprehensive induction training for all new starters
- Paid DBS/PVG
- Free parking
- Courtesy meals and refreshments whilst on shift
- Shopping and entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- This is a Full Time vacancy and you will be working 42 hours a week
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
If this sounds like you, we would love to welcome you to the team.