18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Healthcare Support Worker
Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
We are seeking a Health Care Support Worker to join us at Cygnet Brighose. Cygnet Lodge Brighouse is a CQC rated 'Good' high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men. The emphasis within the service is on preparing people for discharge, whilst providing a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model.
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our service users, patients & residents , some of whom may present with problematic or challenging behaviour.
- Provide guidance and encouragement through physical & emotional support
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs and report as required
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for all
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator and a good team player
- Sensitive and intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
We’ll offer you…
- Group Pension
- NHS Staff Discounts
- Enhanced Maternity
- Free Health Cash Plan
- Employee Referral Scheme
- 24 Hours Free GP Helpline
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- On-site Benefits
- Free Mortgage Broker & Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP
- Free Eye Tests
- Car Lease Discounts
- Paid Life Assurance Company scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the people within our care. All candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
Cygnet Lodge Brighouse is a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men. The emphasis within the service is on preparing people for discharge, whilst providing a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model.
As part of the service, we also provide a three-bed apartment, Rastrick View. This helps support service users to prepare effectively for discharge by further encouraging independence, while maintaining the inputs of the service and staff support where needed. It also provides the chance to evaluate what support a person may need on leaving the service, which can help prevent readmissions and support positive discharges.
Cygnet Lodge Brighouse can support up to 24 men in a relaxed, calm and friendly environment. The focus is on helping individuals increase their independence wherever possible by accessing the community meaningfully; such as through work and education, as well as social and leisure facilities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.