18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Care and Support Worker
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Broughton House located in Brant Broughton is a 29 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism and who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care.
We are currently recruiting for day support workers to assist our residents in the provision of care; ensuring Individuals retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible as well as being involved in the general activities of the home. No experience or qualifications needed as we provide full training and Induction.
You’ll be working 42 hours a week, doing 12 hour shifts on a rota basis and must be a car driver or have own transport due to the location of the home and lack of public transport.
In this role you’ll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
- Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for our residents to live in, which will involve undertaking some domestic duties and complying with policies and procedures
- Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard residents
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
- Follow and learn specific behavioural support techniques
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary professionals such a psychology, psychiatry and occupational therapy
We're looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Flexibility to work 12 hour shifts on a rota basis
- Care driver or own transport essential
In return we’ll offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Regular coaching and support
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking at site
- Blue light card- NHS discounts- A wide range of offers from categories such as holidays, rail travel, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and many other items.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.