18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD)
We are looking for a Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLD with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working 42 hours per week at Cygnet Sherwood Lodge.
Cygnet Sherwood Lodge is a high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities, associated complex needs and who may have behaviours that challenge. We accept emergency referrals and the team are experienced in managing them quickly and efficiently to ensure transition for service users is as smooth as possible.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you...
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
You will have…
- Experience as a Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Experience with client group
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
The hospital also has four two-bedded residential units, Adele Cottage and 4, 5, 7 The Sycamores, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills
Each individual in our care begins a personalised care pathway that helps them develop necessary skills to leave our rehabilitation services and move towards a less restrictive setting.
Sherwood Lodge is rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.