18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship Nurse (RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Preceptorship / newly qualified Nurse (Mental Health/Learning Disability) to join our dedicated team at our specialist low secure service for men with a personality disorder based in Clifton, Nottingham
This is a full-time role and you will be working 43.75 hours per week at Cygnet Hospital Clifton.
Cygnet Hospital Clifton is a 24 bed specialist low secure service for men with a personality disorder, who also present with complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
Your programme includes…
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you...
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
You will have…
- Newly qualified (or soon to be qualified) RMN/RNLD
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Cygnet Health Care Has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
The treatment model we provide at Cygnet Hospital Clifton is delivered in the context of a cohesive multidisciplinary, psychologically informed team approach, with the patient at its centre. We aim to create opportunities for sustained positive behavioural change, by applying a consistent approach where the men in our care feel encouraged to develop positive interpersonal skills to reduce maladaptive or pathological behaviours.
The hospital is set out across two wards; Ancaria Ward is the admissions/ initial treatment ward, which offers a defined pathway through to Acorn Ward, which has a focus on rehabilitation, in preparation for moving on into the community or supported living.
Are you a Preceptorship / newly qualified Nurse (Mental Health) that is ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.