18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Female PICU
We are looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN with a passion for delivering the best quality of care,.
You will be working 38.5 hours per week on our brand new Female PICU Castle Ward, at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green.
Cygnet Hospital Godden Green provides specialist acute and PICU services for women. The hospital is situated in the beautiful countryside of the Kent Weald, near Sevenoaks.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Salary in the reign of £35,000 - £40,000 (DEO)
- £4,000 welcome incentive
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Experience as Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN a with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- PICU experience
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
It's location, in over an acre of its own grounds, helps the hospital provide a calm and therapeutic environment. Our specialist pathway service offers the following:
- Castle Ward – PICU service for women
- Oakwood Ward – Acute service for women
Castle Ward is our new 12 bed female PICU service at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green and accepts emergency and crisis admissions. Referrals are accepted from all areas, including acute and prison services.
Our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help service users regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and ultimately return home.
The service will provide expert, intensive, short-term, individualised care for women detained under the Mental Health Act. Service users will present with increased risks that require them to be assessed and treated in a PICU environment.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply