18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Nurse (RMN / RNLD) - Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation
We are looking for a Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD, with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working on 42 hours per week at Cygnet Heathers, located in West Bromwich
Cygnet Heathers is a 20 bed service providing neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative rehabilitation for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Supervise an allocated team of Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members’ competence
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care
- Develop and monitor managerial and clinical supervision within the allocated team
- Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts with due regard to skill and gender mix. Inform the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
- Conduct Return to Work and Sickness interviews, at the request of the Head of Care. Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained
- Report any ill health amongst Patients and make requests for RC / GP / Professional visits where necessary
- Participate in Staff and Patient meetings and attend training sessions as required
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you...
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more...
You will have…
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN, or Registered Learning Disability Nurse /RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Ward specific experience: neuropsychiatric /brain acquired injury
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Here at Cygnet Heathers our focus is on creating an environment that engages our service users and sets the tone for recovery. Cygnet Heathers has been designed and equipped with an all-integrated physical environment to aid our service user’s neurobehavioural rehabilitation process. Our specifically designed environment assists the men to manage visual, spatial and perceptual difficulties.
Our service user centred approach puts the individual at the centre of their own discharge planning. With the right support and our innovative and proactive rehabilitation environment, our aim is to support service users to return to the community or another suitable care pathway placement.
Our specialist pathway service offers the following:
- Established or suspected acquired or traumatic brain injury, such as hypoxia, encephalitis
- Huntington’s disease or other movement disorders, displaying abnormal movements or restricted mobility
- Alcohol related brain injury / Korsakoff’s syndrome
- Cognitive impairment
- Dysphasia or other communication problems
- Organic psychiatric disorder or organic personality disorder
- May present with challenging behaviour (aggression, utilisation behaviours or sexual disinhibition)
- May present with co-morbid psychiatric disorders including psychoses, learning disabilities or substance misuse
- May have a forensic history
If you are interested in finding out more, or would like to have an informal chat please contact the Hospital Manager Stephen Smith on 0121 796 2730
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.