18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Bank Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse ( RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a Bank Registered Mental Health (RMN)/ Bank Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll have the opportunity to work bank shifts at Cygnet Heathers, located in West Bromwich
Cygnet Heathers is a 20 bed CQC rated 'Good' service that provides neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative rehabilitation for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury.
Apply now to enjoy flexibility while reaping the rewards of providing outstanding care – and making a huge difference to our service users and their families.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more...
You will have…
- Experience as Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN a with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Experience working in neuropsychiatric / neurodegenerative
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
Cygnet Heathers is located in Great Bridge near Birmingham, which offers easy access to shops, local libraries, community centres and parks. A perfect blend of real life settings further supporting rapid recovery.
Our service user centred approach puts the individual at the centre of their own discharge planning. With the right support and our innovative and proactive rehabilitation environment, our aim is to support service users to return to the community or another suitable care pathway placement.
Our specialist pathway service offers the following:
- Established or suspected acquired or traumatic brain injury, such as hypoxia, encephalitis
- Huntington’s disease or other movement disorders, displaying abnormal movements or restricted mobility
- Alcohol related brain injury / Korsakoff’s syndrome
- Moderate to severe cognitive impairment
- Dysphasia or other communication problems
- Organic psychiatric disorder or organic personality disorder
- May present with challenging behaviour (aggression, utilisation behaviours or sexual disinhibition)
- May present with co-morbid psychiatric disorders including psychoses,learning disabilitiesor substance misuse
- May have a forensic history
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click Apply Now