18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Bank Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse ( RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability Nurse/ RNLD with a passion for deliveriing outstadingcare.
You’ll have the opportunity to work bank shifts at Cygnet Brunel, located in Henbury, Bristol.
Cygnet Brunelis a 32 bed service providing neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative rehabilitation for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury.
Apply now to enjoy flexibility while reaping the rewards of providing outstanding care – and making a huge difference to our service users and their families.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Specialist Neurorehabilitation training
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathway
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Neuropsychiatric or Neurorehabilitation experience.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Brunel in Bristol offers an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which is unique in it’s ability to provide a dedicated pathway to meet the complex needs of service users within their care.
The individually designed wards facilitate a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway for those affected by an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation.
Our wards at a glance:
- Ketch Ward creates a goal focussed Neuropsychiatric rehabilitation pathway. The therapeutic rich environment engages services users and offers them the opportunity to maximise their independence, providing post-acute specialist rehabilitation beds for NHS England. This ward is unique to the region and also accepts service users classed as both Level 1 and Level 2.
- Clipper Ward offers a safe and therapeutic setting for those affected by a Neurodegenerative condition which requires maintenance therapy and positive behavioural support which helps maintain function and manage disease progression. Quality of life is key to the ward’s ethos.
- Pilot Ward supports individuals with a co-morbid diagnosis of ABI and Organic Behaviour Disorder. Bespoke treatment pathways help to manage impairments generated by both ABI and Mental Health conditions, ensuring symptom regulation is maintained for optimum recovery and quality of life.
- Yawl Ward provides a range of activities and facilities which promote independent function for those affected by an Alcohol Related Brain Disease (ARBD) and associated substance abuse complications. Positive behavioural goals are focused on discharge planning to support a safe return to community living – either with support or independently.
Cygnet Brunel is rated 'Good' by the CQC and proud to be members of the Independent Neurorehabilitation Providers Alliance.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the 'Apply' button