18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Are you an outstanding Forensic Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Forensic Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our patients – it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Working across our two services you will work three days per week at Cygnet Lodge Kenton and two days per week at Cygnet Hospital Harrow.
Cygnet Lodge Kenton:
Cygnet Lodge Kenton, in North-West London, is a female high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service that provides a care pathway for service users who are preparing to step down and help bridge the gap between hospital stays and community living. Our service provides a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model.
Cygnet Lodge Kenton provides treatment for up to 15 women experiencing complex mental illness, personality disorder and mild learning disability. The service helps them to re-establish and develop the skills they need to progress over a period of 12-18 months.
Cygnet Hospital Harrow:
Cygnet Hospital Harrow provides a recovery focused service treating a wide range of mental health problems. We also offer specialist diagnostic, assessment and inpatient services for individuals with mental health needs and who also have a dual diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Forensic Psychologist with experience in a clinical, forensic or mental health setting
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.