18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Deputy Ward Manager (RMN)
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Deputy Ward Manager (RMN) to join our dedicated team at our service in Woking.
This is a flexible role working Full Time Hours per week on Picasso Ward 19 bed Female Acute at Cygnet Hospital Woking.
Cygnet Hospital Woking offers a range of mental health services for men and women. Cygnet Lodge Woking, our sister hospital close by, provides a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service pathway for men and extends our care pathway.
To provide support to the Ward Manager. The Deputy Ward Manager will provide clinical leadership to staff and patients. Other responsibilities also include supervision and development of staff and the maintenance of good customer care. The Deputy Ward Manager will also participate fully in clinical governance so that they can maintain/improve standards of care throughout their clinical area. To undertake an agreed amount of clinical hours per week, ensuring continued clinical development alongside managerial development.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Salary of £35,000 - £43,000 (DOE) paid as an Hourly rate
- RCN membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
An experienced RMN with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- At least two years’ of experience working as a senior RMN (staff nurse)
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing EBP practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- The ability to deputies in the absence of the Ward Manager
- Leadership Award
- Acute Service experience
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
The aim at Cygnet Hospital Woking is to help people learn how to manage their mental health and reinforce their daily living skills, helping to prepare for independent life.
The hospital is close to transport links and with ready access to the local community. Woking is located just half an hour from London, is close to the M3 and motorway networks and is supported by a vast public transport network.
You will be working on Picasso Ward at Cygnet Hospital Woking, our new 19 bed female mental health acute service. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for women who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
Cygnet Hospital Woking comprises of the following wards;
- Acorn Ward – 10 Bed Female PICU
- Picasso Ward – 19 Bed Acute Service for Women
- Oaktree Ward – 11 Bed Women’s Low Secure
- Greenacre Ward – 18 Bed Men’s Low Secure
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply!