18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Clinical Practice Leader - Female PICU
We are looking for a confident Clinical Practice Leader who can inspire, support and oversee the delivery of the very best care within our female PICU service, Hooper Ward. This is a unique opportunity to lead within a dynamic and forward thinking team, while developing skills across specialties and enhancing your overall career pathway. Working within a specialist multi-disciplinary team, and experiencing continuous training and support, you will be responsible for delivering the best possible care while experiencing excellent career progression.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs. The Hospital was inspected by the CQC less than one year ago and has with a “Good” overall CQC rating. This is a forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for staff who share our passion for new ideas and are willing to drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Hooper Ward is our 15-bed psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) for women. The service is a member of the NAPICU (National Association Psychiatric Intensive Care Units), having been consistently benchmarked with the country’s best PICU’s. In February 2020 the service achieved AIMS accreditation 2019-20 and accreditation from the Quality Network for Psychiatric Intensive Care Units (QNPICU) having met 96% of the 155 applicable standards. Hooper Ward provides tailored care and treatment to improve service users’ wellbeing, reduce risk and support people to fully engage in their recovery.
- Assist the hospital through clinical practice development and quality improvement
- Maintain and strive for the highest standard of care provision
- Have a lead responsibility in undertaking regular audits of care through monitoring and analysis of documentation, assessment and observation of the lived experience of patients
- Work with the Clinical Service Manager to deliver targeted intervention where themes, trends and lessons learnt indicate a need for skills development
- Work within services focusing on the development of nursing practice, through clinical leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Be responsible for a planned programme of support across your area of focus as determined by the annual plan for Quality and Compliance
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £44,000 per annum / £21.92 per hour
As well as…
- Full time contract of 38.5 hours per week
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a current Pin Number (at least 2 years’ post qualification experience.
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Ward specific experience e.g. PICU
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.