18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Broughton House is a 29 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism and who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operative to provide a comprehensive maintenance, repair, preparing and applying paint to various surfaces, completing touch-ups, and coordinating painting projects. No specific qualifications needed however applicants will need to have a general background of maintenance work i.e. carpentry, plumbing and decorating.
You’ll be working 40hours a week Monday - Friday in a residential setting and must be a car driver due to the remote location of the home.
- Provide a comprehensive maintenance & repair service
- Carry out a range of tasks including basic joinery, plumbing, painting & general building work
- Maintain plant, services & vehicles in working order
- Comply with safe working practices & report faulty equipment & potential hazards
- Travel to other sites & on occasions be on call to carry out emergency repairs outside of normal working hours
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exits, door retaining devices & fire emergency lights
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- Experienced in all types of painting and decorating in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Willing to travel & hold a full valid driving licence
- Able to communicate at all levels & record detailed, accurate maintenance information
- Skilled at DIY & general maintenance
- Preferably Level 2 Diploma qualified in Painting & Decorating/Maintenance
- Friendly, conscientious & an excellent team member with a positive attitude
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.