18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Learning Disability Nurse (Rnld)
We are looking for a Senior Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us at our learning disability service located in Matlock, Derbyshire.
This is a full time position, you will be working 42 hours per week at, Cygnet Views.
Cygnet Views is a 10 bed high dependency complex care service for women with learning disabilities, associated complex needs and who may have behaviours that challenge.
- Supervise Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence
- Ensure that all staff in your team have the opportunity to participate fully in supervision, that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times
- Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts informing the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner
- Ensure that all Staff contribute and are accountable for the efficient running of the Service and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Service Users.
- Duties may include acting up for the Head of Care and/or the Service Manager in their absence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical manager role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Learning Disability / Autism experience.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Views, which is set over three floors, is situated in the leafy suburb of Matlock with fantastic views of the 19th century landmark, Riber Castle. With great transport links, the team of support workers encourage and support the women to be part of the local community. Each individual in our care begins a personalised care pathway that helps them develop necessary skills to leave our rehabilitation services and move towards a less restrictive setting.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!