18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship - Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident newly qualified (or soon to be qualified) Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)/Registered Learning & Disability Nurse (RNLD)
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
RMNs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
- You’ll be working 38.5 hours a week in at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
The programme includes...
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Pay rise on completion of preceptorship
- Certificate and letter of completion
- An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Relocation Package
- Employee referral scheme
- NHS employee & discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Newly Qualified (or soon to be qualified) RMN / RNLD with a current valid registration
- Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
The hospital provides 72 inpatient beds within a low secure setting:
- Nash Ward – Male Psychiatric Intensive Care, accepting emergency crisis admissions.
- Sandford Ward – Female Acute Inpatient Service, accepting emergency admissions.
- Milton Ward – Female Low Secure Service, supported by DBT, CAT and CBT interventions with an additional drug and alcohol service.
- Knightstone Ward – Female Specialist Personality Disorder Service, supported by DBT and other therapy models to empower service users to make positive changes.
- Cygnet Lodge Kewstoke – Female High Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Kewstoke is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply, or please send your CV to GraceCockroft@cygnethealth.co.uk