18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship Nurse (RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a Preceptorship Registered Mental Health (RMN) / Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working 42 hours per week at Cygnet Sherwood Lodge.
Cygnet Sherwood Lodge is a high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities, associated complex needs and who may have behaviours that challenge. We accept emergency referrals and the team are experienced in managing them quickly and efficiently to ensure transition for service users is as smooth as possible.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Newly Qualified (or soon to be qualified) RMN / RNLD with a current valid registration
- Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.