18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Registered Learning Disability Nurse / Mental Health Nurse (RNLD or RMN)
We are looking for a Registered Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD or Registered Mental Health / RMN with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us at our autism and learning disability service.
You will be working 40 Hours per week at Cygnet Wast Hills - located in Kings Norton
Cygnet Wast Hills provides assessment and treatment for individuals with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. The team can also support individuals who may be detained under the Mental Health Act, as well as those who have complex behaviours, or who have significant difficulties with social engagement.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
An experienced RMN/RNLD with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research & assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
Cygnet Wast Hills consists of three autism provisions, which provide different levels of support depending on the individual;
- The House provides support for up to 15 men with autism, learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including two single occupancy provisions.
- The Annexe provides intensive therapy, treatment and support for six men who are living with complex autistic conditions and learning disabilities.
- NEW – The Lodge is a separate four bed service for women with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder and accompanying mental health diagnoses.
Awards at Wast Hills include the following:
- National Learning Disability and Autism Awards 2018 – The Great Autism Practice Award - Wast Hills Team (Winner)
- National Learning Disability and Autism Awards 2018 – The Learning Disability Nurse Award – Charge Nurse Warren Cocker (Finalist)
- RCNi Nurse Awards 2018 – The Learning Disability Nurse Award – Charge Nurse Warren Cocker (Finalist)
- Laing Buisson Awards 2017 – Rising Star Award – Amy Childs (Former Service Manager, now Midlands Consultant Nurse) (Winner)
- Nursing Times Awards 2017 – Team of the Year Award – Wast Hills Team (Finalist)
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.