18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Night Unit Coordinator (RMN Qualified)
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Night Unit Coordinator / RMN (Registered Mental Health Nurse) to join our dedicated team at our specialist service in Blackheath and Lewisham.
You will be working 38.5 hours per week at Cygnet Blackheath and Cygnet Lewisham
Cygnet Hospital Blackheath provides inpatient low secure and PICU services for men with a mental health illness.
Cygnet Lodge Lewisham is a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service providing care for up to 17 men.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Supervise the smooth running of a shift and take leadership responsibility for the ward in the absence of the Ward Manager.
- Act as a role model to all staff in clinical areas, helping to maintain a motivated positive work force.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing complex clinical and non-clinical issues, implementing resolutions and monitoring outcomes.
- Take an active role in clinical audit on the ward and in the hospital.
- To co-ordinate the Hospital to ensure that tasks are prioritised and undertaken in a timely efficient manner.
- To provide professional and advanced clinical support and advice to oncall doctors, nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members working within the Hospital sites.
- Have the ability to work autonomously, managing the routine activities that are undertaken as well as responding to emergencies. To be able to escalate issues appropriately to the on call manager.
- Follow and ensure others implement Cygnet Health Care Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the hospital
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £37,600 to £44,780 plus £4000 London weighting
- RCNi membership, Preceptorship for newly qualified nurses and development programmes for experienced nurses
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Free meals
- 50% of NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
An experienced RMN with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Have compassion, integrity, honesty and resilience
- 2 years experince as a qualified nurse
- Working towards a leadership/team leader role
- Nurses with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment.
- Relevant mentoring experience
- Full UK / or appropriate driving licence
- PICU or Low Secure experience
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Cygnet Hospital Blackheath is part of our integrated male care pathway of services in south-east London that also includes our ‘step down’ mental health rehabilitation service at Cygnet Lodge Lewisham.
Services at Cygnet Hospital Blackheath
- Tyler Ward – Male Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Meridian Unit – Male Low Secure Mental Health
Cygnet Lewisham provides a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model. The service is ideal for anyone who has been on a longer-stay hospital or acute ward for a period of time and would benefit from a service which helps them prepare for a successful return to the community.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply!