18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Nurse (RMN / RNLD) - Female Specialist Service
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
In this role you’ll enjoy excellent career prospects while making a real impact on our services users & their families.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
Senior RMNs / RNLDs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
You’ll be working 42 Hours Per Week at Cygnet Nield House.
- Lead an allocated team of nurses & support workers to ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members’ competence
- Supervise junior staff in all aspects of their work and by example, teach and guide them
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Conduct appraisals, audits, interviews & disciplinaries
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Experienced RMN or RNLD with a current Pin number
- Capable to promote & ensure the good reputation of and act as a role model demonstrating a positive attitude towards patients, their families visitors and others.
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support all staff and promote service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
Cygnet Nield House will be split into two distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
- Clarion Ward, a 15 bed highly specialised service for women with a personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating.
- Compton Ward, a 15 bed acute service for women. The service will provide a safe and stabilising environment for women who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply!