18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Clinical / Forensic / Counselling Psychologist - PICU
Are you an outstanding Clinical/Forensic Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our patients – it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Hospital Bury:
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
South Hampton Ward is our new 12 bed male PICU service that accepts emergency and crisis admissions. Referrals will come to us from all areas, including acute and prison services. The service is now open and accepting referrals.
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Applicants must be able to work 16hrs per week across 2 days.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.