18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (New CAMHS Hospital)
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care, to join us at our new CAMHS Service in Coventry.
You will be working 40 hour per week on Pixie Ward at Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital
Pixie Ward will be the third ward to open at Cygnet Joyce Parker. It will be a 12 bed general adolescent acute service, providing support for young people, both male and female. The ward is due to open in July.
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital is our new state-of-the-art Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) hospital in Coventry.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
- An experienced RMN/RNLD with a current Pin Number
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Have experience in a CAMHS inpatient setting
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practice
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
About Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital...
Joyce Parker was a caring and dedicated staff member at one of our services in the West Midlands who sadly passed away during the COVID pandemic. In her honour and remembrance we have named the hospital after her – Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital.
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital supports young people aged between 12 and 18 with mental health illness in psychiatric intensive care and low secure environments. The aim of service is to help young people stabilise and return home as soon as possible.
The development of the service including the environment and names of the wards has been co-produced with CAMHS experts by experience, carers and young people from our other CAMHS services within Cygnet.
All young people will be able to continue their education through access to our on-site Ofsted-registered school, Summit School, if required.
The other services that will be provided at the hospital are:
- Mermaid Ward - is a 10 bed CAMHS PICU service with a 2 bed emergency place of safety suite for young people with severe mental illness. This new service opened October 2020.
- Dragon Ward – a 12 bed general adolescent acute service, providing support for young people, both male and female, and is focused on helping them return home. The service is dedicated to helping young people maintain their school placements, if possible, and admissions can be either formal or informal. Dragon Ward opened February 2021.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the button to apply, or send your CV to GraceCockroft@cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here