18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / Mental Health Nurse (RNLD / RMN)
We are looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us at our autism and learning disability service located in Nottinghamshire.
This is a full time position, you will be working 42 hours per week, at Cygnet Cedar Vale.
Cygnet Cedar Vale provides assessment and intervention for men living with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. The team can support people who are detained under the Mental Health Act, as well as those who have behaviours perceived as challenging, or who have significant difficulties with social engagement.
Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Experience working with those who have learning disabilities and/or autism.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Cedar Vale consists of three distinct areas to support individuals with different levels of need. First is an apartment that can accommodate up to six people. Bedrooms are all en-suite and there is a separate lounge, along with a fully equipped life skills kitchen. Cygnet Cedar Vale provides a structured, positive, empathic and low-arousal environment with good links to home and outside agencies.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!