18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Physical Healthcare Nurse (RGN Qualified)
We are looking for a Physical Healthcare Nurse / Registered General Nurse (RGN Qualified) with a a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll be working 40 Hours Per week, Monday Friday 9-5pm at Cygnet Hospital Colchester.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester, formerly known as Fairview Hospital, is a 54 bed service providing a range of intensive support and rehabilitation services for men with learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or mental health needs.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
The Post Holder will be responsible for monitoring the physical health of patients across all services .within the hospital. The role will involve co-ordinating the GP clinic as required, taking responsibility for referring patients if other health professional involvement is indicated, ensuring that documentation is completed i.e. GP notes, physical health monitoring forms and Physical Health Care Plans. The role will involve liaising with the teams on each clinical area, responding to the educational needs.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
An experienced RGN with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- Post registration Experience (min 6 months)
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research & assessment
- RMN / RNLD experience
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
The ethos of our service is about assessing and treating service users in the least restrictive environment and planning for discharge in a robust and timely fashion. With a focus on stabilisation, we support service users to manage their mental health, reinforce daily living skills and prepare for independent life back in the community.
The hospital is split into four distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
- Highwoods Ward – Acute Service for Men
- Oak Court – Acute Admission / Intensive Support Service for Men with a Learning Disability
- Larch Court – Acute Admission / Intensive Support Service for Men with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ramsey Unit – High Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation Service for Men
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply or please email your CV to SoutheastRecruitment@cygnethealth.co.uk