18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager - (RMN) - Male Low Secure Ward
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 37.5 Hours Per Week 9-5pm Monday - Friday on Meridian Ward our Male Low Secure Ward at Cygnet Hospital Blackheath.
Cygnet Hospital Blackheath provides inpatient low secure and PICU services for men with a mental health illness.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
To have overall management responsibility for the delivery of service user centred care within the ward, in accordance with company policies and procedures. To lead a team of nursing staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice, ensuring that regular supervision and appraisal take place. To manage operational resources in a cost-effective manner, and evaluating the standard of service delivered. To co-ordinate multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members, and other services within Cygnet Hospital Blackheath and Cygnet Lodge Lewisham ensuring effective interface and continuity of care between disciplines and services. The post holder will work collaboratively with the Clinical Services Manager to ensure joint working across the three services.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
An experienced RMN / Registered Mental Health Nurse with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) with at least 3 years experience at team leader/band 6
- Commitment to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar experience with in an inpatient setting – preferably PICU or low secure settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Meridian Ward is a low secure service which can support up to 16 men. It aims to balance the needs of therapy and security whilst helping prepare service users to lead full and independent lives in the community.
Services at Cygnet Hospital Blackheath:
- Tyler Ward, our PICU service, provides assessment and treatment for men who are experiencing an acute period of mental illness
- Meridian Ward is a low secure service which can support up to 16 men. It aims to balance the needs of therapy and security whilst helping prepare service users to lead full and independent lives in the community.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply