18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Nurse (RMN / RNLD)
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse.
You will be working 40 hours per week, with on-call responsibilities, at Cygnet Wast Hills
Cygnet Wast Hills, located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, provides assessment and treatment for individuals with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
- Lead an allocated team of nurses & support workers to ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members’ competence
- Supervise junior staff in all aspects of their work and by example, teach and guide them
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Conduct appraisals, audits, interviews & disciplinaries
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Experienced RMN with a current Pin number
- Capable to promote & ensure the good reputation of
and act as a role model demonstrating a positive attitude towards patients, their families visitors and others.
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support all staff and promote service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
At Cygnet Wast Hills, the team can also support individuals who may be detained under the Mental Health Act, as well as those who have complex behaviours, or who have significant difficulties with social engagement.
The service consists of three autism provisions, which provide different levels of support depending on the individual.
- The House provides support for up to 15 men with autism, learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including two single occupancy provisions.
- The Annexe provides intensive therapy, treatment and support for six men who are living with complex autistic conditions and learning disabilities.
- NEW – The Lodge is a separate four bed service for women with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder and accompanying mental health diagnoses.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.or please send your CV to GraceCockroft@cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here