18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Deputy Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD) - Bronte Ward/ Bronte Annex
We are looking for a professional, confident Deputy Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 38.5 hours a week (Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm but flexibility is required) at Cygnet Hospital Bierley.
Cygnet Hospital Bierley provides a range of low secure, specialist and psychiatric intensive care services for men and women, including a specialist personality disorder service for women.
Bronte Ward is our 12 bed female low secure service, offering assessment, recovery based treatment and rehabilitation for women who have on-going and challenging mental health problems and may have a dual diagnosis.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- To provide the highest standard of nursing care, therapeutically based on a named nurse/team nursing approach and to ensure junior staff do the same
- To co-ordinate clinical aspects of the hospital and to ensure a sound co-operation between the clinical departments in the interests of delivering an excellent service to patients
- To be conversant with and implement all relevant policies, procedures and regulations, whether clinical or administrative or representing interface between the two areas. Where appropriate this will entail ensuring compliance by others of such policies, procedures and regulations
- To ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to. To update local documentation in consultation with other colleagues in accordance with company guidelines, NMC guidelines, legislation and current research
- To support staff in delivering a high standard of care through regular appraisals, training and development of evidence/research based practice
- To participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.