18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Bed Manager (RMN/RNLD) - Denholme Ward
We are looking for a professional, confident Bed Manager (RMN/RNLD) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 38.5 hours a week (Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm but flexibility is required) at Cygnet Hospital Bierley.
Cygnet Hospital Bierley provides a range of low secure, specialist and psychiatric intensive care services for men and women, including a specialist personality disorder service for women.
Denholme Ward is Cygnet Hospital Bierley’s female PICU service and deals with emergency and crisis admissions. Our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help service users regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and return home.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Responsible for the effective management of all PICU referrals and for ensuring the quality and triangulation of all paper work in liaison with the Ward Manager and nursing staff
- Ensure there are no unnecessary delays to patients requiring PICU admission, i.e. for the reduction of risk and clinical safety
- Carry the delegated authority of the Hospital Manager and Clinical Manager for the referral process from receipt to admission decision. Admission decision (approval for acceptance or rejection) of referrals is the responsibility of the Hospital Manager/Clinical Manager/On-Call Manager
- Make sure all paperwork is up to date and triangulates for every admission - all admission paperwork must be completed to a high standard
- Ensure preliminary screening takes place immediately and that additional information required for admission decision is requested and obtained in a timely way
- Ensure that the wards capacity to manage an admission is objectively reviewed
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.