18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Male PICU Service
**We are offering a £4,000 welcome incentive upon every successful candidate**
We are looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You will be working 38.5 hours per week on Bearsted Ward our 15 bed male PICU service that accepts emergency and crisis admissions at Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is a CQC rated ‘Good’ site that provides a range of mental health services for men and women. Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our state-of-the-art, 65 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments & observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, & improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives & other healthcare professionals
- Administer medicines within healthcare procedure & Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Salary in the reign of £34,605 - £37, 020 Per Annum DOE
- £4,000 Welcome Incentive
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
An experienced RMN with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research & assessment
- PICU experience
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is purpose built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment. The hospital will provide an important and much-needed service for local patients from Kent.
The hospital is split into four distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
- Roseacre Ward – Highly Specialised Personality Disorder service for women
- Kingswood Ward – High Dependency Rehabilitation service for men
- Bearsted Ward – Specialist PICU Service for Men
- Saltwood Ward – Male low secure ward
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, is our new state-of-the-art facility situated in the Kent Medical Campus. The service is delivered in a purpose built therapeutic environment, where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes, recovery and reintegration into the community.
Bearsted Ward is our 15 bed male PICU service at Cygnet Hospital Maidstone and accepts emergency and crisis admissions. Referrals will come to us from all areas, including acute and prison services.
Bearsted Ward delivers a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on risk reduction and management of behaviours which require a higher degree of security than an acute setting.
Psychiatric intensive care is for service users who are in an acutely disturbed phase of a serious mental disorder. There is an associated loss of capacity for self-control, with a corresponding increase in risk, which does not allow their safe, therapeutic management and treatment in a less acute or a less secure mental health ward. Care and treatment must be service user centred, multidisciplinary, and intensive and have an immediacy of response to critical clinical and risk situations.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply!