18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Clinical Team Leader (RMN / RNLD) - Male Low Secure Service **Up to 4K Relocation Allowance**
**Up to a £4k relocation allowance available**
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Clinical Team Leader (RMN/RNLD) to join our dedicated team at our specialist service in Woking.
This is a flexible role working Full Time Hours per week on Greenacre Ward 18 bed Male Low Secure Service at Cygnet Hospital Woking.
Cygnet Hospital Woking offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women. Cygnet Lodge Woking, our sister hospital close by, provides a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men and extends our care pathway.
Under the overall direction of the Ward Manager, and as an active member of the Multidisciplinary Team, monitor and develop high standards of patient care. Be professionally responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and, as designated take charge of the unit in the absence of a more senior nurse. The post holder will be expected to work under the supervision of the Ward Manager.
- Professionally responsible for setting, monitoring and developing high standards of individualised patient care. Ensure that each service user has a plan of care and a Risk Assessment and that these are evaluated and updated as necessary.
- Fulfil the role of a Named Nurse for a caseload of patients.
- Monitor all nursing staff to ensure that they operate within the confines of the Clinical Policies and Procedures Manuals.
- Contribute to the establishment of effective communications.
- Ensure the effective recording and communication of all information relating to the care of service users.
- Ensure comprehensive multidisciplinary care packages are devised to meet the needs of our service users. These should be devised in collaboration with the service user, relatives, carers and significant others, and expedited to agreed standards.
- Co-ordinate and participate in CPA reviews for clients, ensuring relatives and significant others are involved in the process.
- Professionally responsible for the ordering, security, stock control and safe administration of medicines.
- Participate in and present referrals/assessments to the multidisciplinary team.
- Under the direction of the Ward Manager, supervise and direct the work of other nursing staff.
- Ensure that requests and specimens for pathological investigation are obtained and delivered in accordance with agreed policy.
- To keep up to date with developments in psychosocial rehabilitation theory and practice and ensure that practices on the Units are in line with the best evidence based practice in the Rehabilitation field.
- When required, participate in the out-of-hours on-call senior nurse rota, providing advice and support to the whole of the hospital and Cygnet lodge Woking.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Salary of £35,000 - £43,000 (DOE) paid as an Hourly rate
- RCN membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
An experienced RMN or RNLD with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- At least two years’ of experience working as a senior RMN (staff nurse)
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing EBP practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in the absence of the Ward Manager
- Leadership Award
- Secure (Forensic) experience
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
The aim at Cygnet Hospital Woking is to help people learn how to manage their mental health and reinforce their daily living skills, helping to prepare for independent life.
Greenacre Ward is our male low secure service. Men on Greenacre may experience behaviours that are challenging and may be considered a risk to others or have been involved in the criminal justice system.
The hospital is close to transport links and with ready access to the local community. Woking is located just half an hour from London, is close to the M3 and motorway networks and is supported by a vast public transport network.
Cygnet Hospital Woking comprises of the following wards;
- Acorn Ward – Female PICU
- Picasso Ward – Female Acute
- Oaktree Ward – Female low secure
- Greenacre Ward – Male Low Secure
- Shakespeare Ward – Male Acute (Woking Lodge)
- Marlowe and Milligan Ward – Male Rehab (Woking Lodge)
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply!