18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Deputy Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD) - Sunrise Ward
We are looking for a professional, confident Deputy Ward Manager (Sunrise Ward) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5.30pm or 8.30am-5pm) at Cygnet Hospital Ealing.
Cygnet Hospital Ealing provides a welcoming, non-institutional environment, offering personalised treatment for service users with an eating disorder or personality disorder over two separate wards.
Sunrise Ward at Cygnet Hospital Ealing provides a highly specialised eating disorder service for women, including those with extremely low BMIs.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- In conjunction with the Hospital Manager and Ward Manager, provide support to clinical staff in the provision of safe, adequate (qualitative and quantitative) nursing cover to the clinical area
- Provide suggestions, proposals and recommendations to the Hospital Manager and Ward Manager aimed at the continued development of the ward
- Contribute and participate in planned visits to ward by professional visitors
- Initiate and maintain a monitoring system in relation to professional nursing practice at unit level, including PIN numbers and the current registration of all qualified staff, including bank staff
- Ensure that the evaluation of service delivery is user (i.e. patient, carer and family) based
- To advise non-clinical staff within the hospital on management of patients with mental illness
- To ensure patients’ rights to confidentiality are respected and that Cygnet Health Care and professional policies are adhered to
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.