18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Specialty Doctor - Male PICU
We are currently recruiting a Full Time Specialty Doctor / Associate Specialist Psychiatrist to join us at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage on our Male PICU Ward (Chamberlain).
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living.
Chamberlain Ward is a PICU service for men who have been detained under the Mental Health Act. It provides a safe environment for people experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and who need assessment and stabilisation.
This is Your Opportunity To:
- Assess and diagnose patients; ensure appropriate investigations are carried out, and relevant care plans are put in place, including starting and monitoring medication under the supervision of a Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Support the multidisciplinary team by providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery of 14 patients.
- Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to individual service user’s needs.
- Participate in the decision making process for treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly MDT reviews, other multidisciplinary meetings, Mental Health Act assessments, preparation of Mental Health Review Tribunal and Hospital Managers Hearing Reports and attendance at these meetings, under supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Participate in the 1 in 5 on call duty doctors’ rota.
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
- Full GMC registration.
- Post registration experience as a Ward Doctor / Specialist Doctor role in Psychiatry.
- Up to date knowledge / working experience within PICU Services.
- The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgement, have experience in making clinical decisions, assessing and managing risk and knowing when to seek help.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes.
- Proven record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualifications.
In Return You Will Receive:
- Salary up to £90,000, depending upon your experience.
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme
- You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
- Company pension scheme.
- Regular support and supervision from consultant psychiatrists and multidisciplinary teams.
- Annual leave entitlement (30 days plus Bank holidays), paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company and study leave to support your PDP and to take the Royal College exams, attend CPD opportunities and conferences etc.
- Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan.
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the service as it responds to the changing healthcare landscape.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on service users and their families and carers. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for over 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance and references.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*