18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Are you an outstanding Consultant Psychiatrist looking for new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
We have an excellent part-time (22.5 hours per week) opportunity at Cygnet Sedgley Lodge, our inpatient locked rehabilitation unit, and step down facility Turls Hill. This is a 14 bed service for men, and aims to provide high quality psychiatric care and rehabilitation to patients and provide a pathway to integrate back into the community.
In this role, your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment – fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
And you’ll have the opportunity to progress to Medical Director level through our management schemes, including Leadership and Management programmes accredited by The Chartered Management Insitute.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Your role responsibilities…
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals and undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis and treatment
- Participate in ward rounds and clinical audits
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance
- Supervise reports for Mental Health Act tribunals & managers’ hearings and attend hearings
- Participate in the 1 telephone on-call rota
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Competitive salary up to £90,000 per annum (Depending on experience)
- 30 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- 5 days study leave, study budget and in-house CPD/ peer group programme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme covering 3x salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Research opportunities to include publishing in The Cygnet Journal (Cygnet’s co-produced peer review journal) and joining the Cygnet Research & Development Group
- Teaching opportunities including teaching medical students, teaching on the Cygnet CESR programme and Cygnet MRCPsych programme
- Opportunity to lead and participate in QI & Audit initiatives
- Company Funded Cash plan with the ability to claim up to £1000 per annum worth of benefits including free Physiotherapy, Osteopaths, Optical, dental, consultations, scans and free prescriptions
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- Car leasing scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Cygnet Annual Medical Conference, please follow the link below to find out more about this year’s conference
We are looking for someone who is...
- Fully GMC registered and MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced and knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis, including in-patient psychiatric rehabilitation principles and practices
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess amd treat patients and write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the link to apply.