18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
We are looking for a full time Nurse Associate to join our female learning disability service, located in Matlock, Derbyshire.
You will be working 42 hours per week at Cygnet Views.
Cygnet Views is a 10 bed high dependency complex care service for women with learning disabilities, associated complex needs and who may have behaviours that challenge
You will work independently under the leadership of Registered Nurses, to provide holistic and person centred care and support for service users. You will deliver hands on care for patients as part of the nursing team.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Support the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care planning & risk assessments with service users on admission and at appropriate intervals and under supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Ensure all interventions are documented clearly and comprehensively in clinical notes, care plans, risk assessments and other under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Undertake medication administration duties in-line with the NMC code, Cygnet Health Care’s policies, and own professional sphere of competence.
- Completing safe and therapeutic observation and engagement duties in line with relevant Cygnet Health Care policies.
- Practice in line with Cygnet Health Care’s organisational values; (Care, Respect, Empower, Trust, and Integrity).
- You will work within the NMC code of conduct, acting in the best interests of people you care for.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £28,959 (Per Annum) £13.26 (Per Hour)
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
- Plus many more
A Registered Nursing Associate on the NMC Register
- Educated to a minimum level 5 Foundation degree level specific to nursing associate practice
- Understanding of the scope of the role of the Nursing Associate in context of the nursing and interdisciplinary team and the organisation, and how the role may contribute to service development
- Experience of working in teams under appropriate supervision as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills IT skills appropriate to the role
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Cygnet Views is set over three floors, situated in the leafy suburb of Matlock with fantastic views of the 19th century landmark, Riber Castle. With great transport links, the team of support workers encourage and support the women to be part of the local community. Each individual in our care begins a personalised care pathway that helps them develop necessary skills to leave our rehabilitation services and move towards a less restrictive setting.
Our service user profile consists of the following:
- Primary diagnosis of learning disability and mental health complex needs
- Forensic history
- May present with co-morbid presentations:
Schizophrenia, depression, bi-polar disorder
Complex needs and/or multiple diagnoses
- May be detained under the Mental Health Act or informal
- May have a history of repeated hospital admissions
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click apply or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org