18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Bank Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse ( RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a Registered Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD or Registered Mental Health / RMN to join us as a Bank Nurse at our autism and learning disability service.
You will have the opportunity to pick up bank shifts at Cygnet Wast Hills, located in Kings Norton, Birmingham.
Cygnet Wast Hills provides assessment and treatment for people with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. The team can also support individuals who may be detained under the Mental Health Act, as well as those who have complex behaviours, or who have significant difficulties with social engagement. We accept emergency referrals and the team are experienced in managing them quickly and efficiently to ensure the transition for the service user is as smooth as possible.
Apply now to enjoy flexibility while reaping the rewards of providing outstanding care – and making a huge difference to our service users and their families.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more...
An experience as Registered Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD or Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN with a with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Learning Disability / Autism experience.
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
Cygnet Wast Hills consists of three autism provisions, which provide different levels of support depending on the individual. The House provides support for up to 15 people with autism and associated complex needs, including four bespoke provisions. The Lodge is a separate four bed service for individuals who are towards the end of their care pathway towards independent living. The Annexe provides intensive therapy, treatment and support for six people who are living with complex autistic conditions.
Some of Our Recent Awards at Wast Hills include the following:
- National Learning Disability and Autism Awards 2018 – The Great Autism Practice Award - Wast Hills Team (Winner)
- National Learning Disability and Autism Awards 2018 – The Learning Disability Nurse Award – Charge Nurse Warren Cocker (Finalist)
- RCNi Nurse Awards 2018 – The Learning Disability Nurse Award – Charge Nurse Warren Cocker (Finalist)
- Laing Buisson Awards 2017 – Rising Star Award – Amy Childs (Former Service Manager, now Midlands Consultant Nurse) (Winner)
- Nursing Times Awards 2017 – Team of the Year Award – Wast Hills Team (Finalist)
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.