18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Registered Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse (RMN / RNLD) - Male Rehabilitation & Learning Disabilities Service
We are looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN / Registered Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working 43.75 Hours hours per week at Cygnet Hospital Colchester.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester, formerly known as Fairview Hospital, is a 54 bed service providing a range of intensive support and rehabilitation services for men with learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or mental health needs.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- £43,500 (Per Annum) / £19.11 (Per Hour)
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more.
You will have…
- Experience as Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN a with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Ward specific experience.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
The ethos of Cygnet Hospital Colchester is about assessing and treating service users in the least restrictive environment and planning for discharge in a robust and timely fashion. With a focus on stabilisation, we support service users to manage their mental health, reinforce daily living skills and prepare for independent life back in the community.
The hospital is split into four distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
- Highwoods Ward – Acute Service for Men
- Oak Court – Acute Admission / Intensive Support Service for Men with a Learning Disability
- Larch Court – Acute Admission / Intensive Support Service for Men with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ramsey Unit – High Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation Service for Men
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply or please email your CV to SoutheastRecruitment@cygnethealth.co.uk