18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Lead Physical Health Nurse
We are looking for a Physical Health Lead Nurse with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
Each service user has a bedroom with en suite facilities and a range of communal spaces including a gym, laundry, occupational therapy kitchen, therapy garden and woodland walkways down to the Elton Reservoir.
- Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes to promote health and well – being, and prevent adverse effects on health and well – being.
- Overseeing and evaluating individual care and treatment plans for patients with physical health conditions
- Identify and manage as appropriate, care and treatment plans for patients at risk of developing physical health conditions
- Prioritise physical health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Responsible for physical health induction and training for all staff
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Flexible shift patterns
- Extra enhancements for nights, weekends & bank holidays
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more.
You will have…
- Experience as Registered General Nurse / RGN with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Ward specific experience
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of general physical health care for patients at Cygnet Bury Hospital. They will deliver care within the boundaries of their role, focusing upon supporting patients to be healthy, monitoring of physical health conditions, health promotion and screening activities. They will work collaboratively with the clinical team to meet the needs of patients and supporting the delivery of policies and procedures, and be the lead for physical health care.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply or alternatively email your CV to Lenaahmed@cygnethealth.co.uk