18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (RMN / RNLD) - Female PICU Service
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager / RMN / RNLD who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week .30am to 5pm or 9am to 5.30pm plus on call rota at on Acord Ward our 10 bed Female Ward, at Cygnet Hospital Woking.
Cygnet Hospital Woking offers a range of mental health services for men and women. Cygnet Lodge Woking, our sister hospital close by, provides a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men and extends our care pathway.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Cygnet Hospital Woking services are delivered in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living. The hospital is close to transport links and with ready access to the local community.
Cygnet Lodge Woking is a 31 bed service providing acute and high dependency rehabilitation services for men with complex mental health needs.
It is located just half an hour from London, is close to the M3 and motorway networks and is supported by a vast public transport network.
The service comprises of the following wards:
- Acorn Ward – Female PICU
- Picasso Ward – Female Acute
- Oaktree Ward – Female low secure
- Greenacre Ward – Male Low Secure
- George Willard Ward – Male Acute (Woking Lodge)
- Marlowe and Milligan Ward – Male Rehab (Woking Lodge)
Acorn Ward, our 10 bed female PICU service, accepts emergency and crisis admissions. Referrals can come to us from all areas, including acute and prison services.
Our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help service users regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and return home.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply or please email your CV to SoutheastRecruitment@cygnethealth.co.uk