18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
National / Field Based Clinical Commissioning Nurse Assessor (RMN/RNLD)
We are looking for a professional and confident RMN / RNLD to join the Clinical Commissioning Nurse Assessor Team to undertake assessments of patients and services users, who have been referred to Cygnet Healthcare’s rehabilitation and Social Care services and to lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You will be working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
The successful candidate will be primarily working from home to complete assessments.
However please be aware this is a national role and travelling to different care providers (Private and NHS) for the purpose of face-to-face assessments will be required.
Although this is a national / field based vacancy, the successful candidates main Cygnet base will be St Augustine’s, Stoke-On-Trent, for administration purposes.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide psychiatric assessments for Cygnet Health Care Hospitals across mental health, learning disability, acquired brain injury and social care/residential services.
- Assess patients referred to Cygnet Health Care. This will involve traveling to and from NHS and independent hospitals.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner when carrying out assessments.
- Exercise clinical judgement to assess patients and recommend, where appropriate admission to Cygnet Health Care.
- Liaise with Hospital Managers and Business Relationship Managers to determine appropriate patients’ for Cygnet Health Care.
- Provide initial care plans as part of the funding pack, identifying potential patients clinical and treatment needs.
- Maintain any contacts in the NHS in the mental health/learning disability arena.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Meals and parking can be claimed as per expenses policy
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus much more
You will have…
- A valid NMC pin number – experienced Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse – and drivers' licence
- Excellent experience with Mental Health/Learning Disability/Neuropsychiatric service users
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work to deadlines to produce accurate assessments and high quality reports and care plans meeting deadlines
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- You will be representing the Company in a positive and professional manner, whilst maintaining and extending contacts within the health care field
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.