18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Night Nurse RMN/RNLD (SNOS)
Our specially built hospital and first-class facilities are home to an integrated and multidisciplinary team. We provide care across four specialist wards, including psychiatric intensive care, Specialist Female Personality Disorder Service and low security wards for women and men. In line with our focus on recovery and reintegration, our hospital is ideally located for access to local community facilities and step down settings within the Cygnet family.
We are a quality driven service constantly striving to improve the quality of care we deliver to our service users we do this by having memberships with the following quality initiatives:
- NAPICU is committed to developing and promoting the specialty of psychiatric intensive care and low secure services.They are dedicated to improving patient experience and outcome, and to promoting staff support and development. NAPICU promote research, education and practice development using quarterly meetings and annual conferences, their journal, training initiatives and the website and their social media.
- AIMS (Accreditation of Inpatient Mental Health Services) peer focused Quality reviews. AIMS is a national project developed to ensure best practice is being achieved in in-patient mental health PICU services. Amongst other things the AIMS peer review team assess standards of care, current facilities, standards of documentation and health records, environmental facilities, and staff training qualifications, support and supervision.
We are located within 40 minutes of Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield which can all be accessed by local transport.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate, highly motivated Senior Registered Mental Health / Learning Disabilities Nurse (night shifts only) to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
As mentioned above, we offer a range of specialist wards and therefore, if successful, you would be able to gain experience in a variety of different services ensuring you continued to develop high quality skills and further develop your knowledge base.
We offer a 38.5 hours contract (shift work covering 7 nights per fortnight) at Cygnet Hospital Bierley and in addition to competitive pay rate there are many benefits on offer including but not limited to:
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Ongoing support and supervision to aid professional development
- Free parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCNi membership
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- 10% of basic salary for night shifts
- 30% of basic rate for nights on the weekend
There are career progression opportunities within Cygnet Hospital Bierley including the possibility of progressing to Clinical Team Leader. We support all our nurses to develop and identify their career goals so that we can tailor development opportunities to their personal needs.
Within the role you will be expected to:
- Contribute to the development of the staff team working during the night shift by providing planned and unplanned Clinical Supervision sessions / De-briefs after incidents and ongoing monitoring / support with support from the Senior Nursing Team and HR
- Ensure all new recruits are integrated onto nights using existing orientation induction process
- Efficiently manage resources across the hospital site in line with agreed staffing levels
- Ensure that the patients are involved as fully as possible in decisions affecting them and the running of the units, and to maximize their independence
- To have overall management of the night team across site and assist with other nurse related hospital functions to meet the Hospital needs
- Provide a summary report at the end of each shift to the Clinical Manager and Hospital Manager
You will have…
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)/Registered Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) with a current valid registration
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery and an ability to work effectively within an MDT sharing knowledge and experiences as well as gaining knowledge and experience with colleagues
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.