18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD)
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on service users & their families.
We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) to join us at Cygnet Hexham
Cygnet Hospital Hexham is our new 27 bed mental health facility for women with complex mental health needs. The hospital is built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment.
- The post-holder will have overall management responsibility for the delivery of service user centred care within the ward, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To lead a team of nursing staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice, ensuring that regular supervision and appraisal take place.
- You will manage operational resources in a cost-effective manner, evaluating the standard of service delivered and co-ordinate multidisciplinary working.
- You will maintain excellent communication and working relationships with all team members and other services within Cygnet Hospital Clifton ensuring effective interface and continuity of care between disciplines and services.
- To work 40 hours a week which includes on call responsibilities
You will have…
- Experience as a Registered Nurse (RMN / RNLD / Staff Nurse) with a current Pin Number
- The ability to delegate in a clinical management role or have worked as a Ward Manager or Deputy, Senior Nurse or Clinical Team Leader
- Compassion, resilience and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 & latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Dedication to empower & support service user independence
- Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMNs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- RCNi membership
- Company pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre e.g. NHS card
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Free meals
- Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years.
If you care about making a difference – every day – we want to talk to you!
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to email@example.com