18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Mental Health Support Worker - New Dawn Ward (Personality Disorder Service)
Cygnet Hospital Ealing provides a welcoming, non-institutional environment, offering personalised treatment for women with an eating disorder or personality disorder over two separate wards.
We are currently recruiting for support workers for New Dawn Ward which is a 9 bed specialist Tier 4 service, providing treatment, care and support for women with a personality disorder who are ready to engage in therapy.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
In this role you’ll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
- Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
- Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard patients
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
We're looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- Previous experience in mental health or knowledge of personalilty disorders
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- NVQ level 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return we will offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- £3,000 London location allowance (London weighting)
- Regular coaching and support
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in the role, please email AlmaMatei@cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.