18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Support Worker
Give your career a positive change.
Cygnet Hospital Bierley provides a range of low secure, specialist and psychiatric intensive care services for men and women, including a specialist personality disorder service for women.
We have an exciting opportunity to pilot a small team of dedicated, passionate and resilient staff to work directly with a female service user who has complex behaviours, aggression and suffers with a complex eating disorder.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a highly specialised commissioned team. This role will build on the successful applicant’s skills to become specialised in personality disorders and eating difficulties.
In this role you’ll
- Work as part of a specialised team
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team leader or Manager
- Promote an environment of co-production
- Function as a competent member of the team in any situation.
- Report accidents and untoward incidents to patients, visitors or staff, to the Clinical Team Leader
- Attend review meetings as directed on the ward and in the Hospital
- Receive supervision from registered nurses and attend support groups
- Contribute to ward audits and action plans
- Aware of safeguarding requirements and the need to report issues to Clinical team Leader
- Contribute to the development and review of ward manual and philosophy
- Abide by guidelines and hospital policies and procedures
We are looking for people who have:
- A Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Mental Health Services Preferably on Acute, PD Services.
- Previous experience supporting service users with Challenging behaviours including violence and aggression.
- The ability to work in a faced paced changing environment.
- A Genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a good team player
- A Sensitive and intuitive energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Group Pension
- NHS Staff Discounts
- Enhanced Maternity
- Free Health Cash Plan
- Employee Referral Scheme
- 24 Hours Free GP Helpline
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- On-site Benefits
- Free Mortgage Broker & Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP
- Free Eye Tests
- Car Lease Discounts
- Paid Life Assurance Company scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to email@example.com
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.