18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
We are looking for a Registered General Nurse (RGN) or Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD) with a passion for delivering outstanding care. You will work in partnership with individuals, families and key stakeholders involved in the health and well-being of the individuals, maximising opportunities to promote health and well-being.
You’ll be working 30 hours a week at Sheffield Day Services. This is a service that specialises in supporting individuals with a primary diagnosis of a learning disability, in addition to those with complex health needs and physical disabilities and those with autism.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide daily nursing support to the people who attend the day service
- Ensure that the service has access to required medical equipment needed in ensuring that individual’s physical health needs are adequately monitored, and that staff are appropriately trained in how to use equipment
- Support the day service in the completion of nursing and health related audits and quality improvement initiatives
- Maintain contemporaneous care records which accurately reflect care provided.
- Prioritise physical health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the individual in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- To develop and review individual day service plans of care relating to physical health care needs.
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with service users, relatives & other healthcare professionals
- To work alongside staff in a coaching & mentoring role as well as provide on-going training and education to staff.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
An experienced RGN/RNLD with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- Relevant experience in working with adults with learning disabilities and profound needs.
- Skilled in all aspects of tracheostomy care
- Administration of medications, including controlled drugs
- Skilled in all aspects of catheter and stoma care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- Attention to detail to ensure consistency
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to confidentiality and equality within the workplace and in the delivery of all services.
- Nurse assessor or mentoring qualification
- Experience of working with individuals with autism
- Advanced IT skills particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.