18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Clinical Practice Leader - Female Learning Disability (RMN/ RNLD)
We are looking for a confident Clinical Practice Leader who can inspire, support and oversee the delivery of the very best care within our Learning Disability service, Hansa ward. This is a unique opportunity to lead within a dynamic and forward thinking team, while developing skills across specialties and enhancing your overall career pathway. Working within a specialist multi-disciplinary team, and experiencing continuous training and support, you will be responsible for delivering the best possible care while experiencing excellent career progression.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs. The Hospital was inspected by the CQC less than one year ago and has with a “Good” overall CQC rating. This is a forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for staff who share our passion for new ideas and are willing to drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Hansa Ward is our 13 bedded, high dependency complex care service for women with learning disabilities and associated complex needs. The service is accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatry and has achieved recognition for innovation with the STOMP approach in care. This outward looking service has an attached step down facility to support service users’ transition to community placement and recovery
- Assist the hospital through clinical practice development and quality improvement
- Have a lead responsibility in undertaking regular audits of care through monitoring and analysis of documentation, assessment and observation of the lived experience of patients
- Work with the Clinical Service Manager to deliver targeted intervention where themes, trends and lessons learnt indicate a need for skills development
- Work within services focusing on the development of nursing practice, through clinical leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Be responsible for a planned programme of support across your area of focus as determined by the annual plan for Quality and Compliance
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
£44,000 per annum / £21.92 per hour
As well as...
- Full time contract of 38.5 hours per week
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Registered Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD with a current Pin Number (at least 2 years’ post qualification experience).
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Ward specific experience e.g. Learning Disabilities
Click the button to apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.