18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (New CAMHS Ward)
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care, to join us at our new CAMHS Hospital.
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital is our new state-of-the-art Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) hospital in Coventry.
You will be working 40 hours a week on our brand new 10 bed PICU Ward at Cygnet Joyce Parker. This will be our fourth ward opening at the Hospital, which is due open in January 2022.
You will be expected develop the new service as well as manage, support and work together with the team.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free parking and free meals for our staff while at work.
- Employee referral scheme: recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- Group pension: a generous pension plan helping you save for your future.
- Free health cash plan: you can claim back money on optical, physiotherapy and dental care, get a free health check, and much more.
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- An experienced RMN/RNLD with a current Pin Number
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably CAMHS
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
About Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital...
Joyce Parker was a caring and dedicated staff member at one of our services in the West Midlands who sadly passed away during the COVID pandemic. In her honour and remembrance we have named the hospital after her – Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital.
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital supports young people aged between 12 and 18 with mental health illness in psychiatric intensive care and low secure environments. The aim of service is to help young people stabilise and return home as soon as possible.
The services provided at the hospital are:
- Mermaid Ward - is a 10 bed CAMHS PICU service with a 2 bed emergency place of safety suite for young people with severe mental illness. This new service opened October 2020.
- Dragon Ward – a 12 bed general adolescent acute service, providing support for young people, both male and female, and is focused on helping them return home. The service is dedicated to helping young people maintain their school placements, if possible, and admissions can be either formal or informal. Dragon Ward opened February 2021.
- Pixie Ward - is our most recent ward to open at Cygnet Joyce Parker. It is a 12 bed general adolescent acute service, providing support for young people, both male and female. The ward officially opened July 2021.
At Cygnet Joyce Parker we work to create an inclusive work environment that is patient centred. We work collaboratively with external organisations including NHS England, local CCG’s and CQC.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the button to apply or send your CV to GraceCockroft@cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here