18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Head of Psychology Department - Clinical / Counselling / Forensic **Relocation Package**
Are you an outstanding Psychology leader with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a dynamic, supportive team.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for ourclients–it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you care about making a difference to people – every day – we want to hear from you.
Head of Psychology:
We need a dedicated, accomplished Head of Psychology with excellent leadership skills to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Taunton. Working on a part time, 4 day per week basis.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton:
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
- Lead the development, evaluation & management of the service
- Manage, train, supervise & support team colleagues
- Work as a team psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Ensure quality & compliance with internal & external standards & regulations
- Provide expert knowledge & support within the service & to the wider clinical team
- Carry out psychological assessments, develop care plans & provide therapy
- Carry out clinical research & disseminate outcomes via presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Psychologist with demonstrable previous professional practice experience
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT
- An effective people, time & task manager with excellent communication & leadership skills
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems
- Knowledgeable about risk management, legislation & its impact on service provision.
- 32hrs per week (4 days)
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Packagae up to £4,000
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to email@example.com
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.