18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Regional Nursing Director
Compassion, clinical excellence and being there for our service users. Nursing at Cygnet, it’s at the forefront of our outstanding health services.
The Regional Nursing Director for the Midlands will play an important role in helping us ensure high quality and sustainable patient care is delivered throughout the organisation. Please be aware this is a Regional role covering sites accross the Midlands area.
You will provide professional nursing leadership and direction including representing nursing views within the regional operational structure. You will have professional responsibility for nurses and clinical service managers within Regions in collaboration with the Director of Nursing.
The post holder will provide specialist/expert leadership within an identified clinical area of practice, for example Reducing Restrictive Practice, Co-production, Safe Wards, Physical Health and Leadership and Development.
Your role responsibilities…
- To lead on the assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of evidence based quality care according to fundamental nursing standards, local and national guidance and the Cygnet Nursing Strategy.
- Ensure nursing care is delivered with care and compassion in line with NMC and Cygnet’s mission, vision and values.
- To lead and promote the delivery of high quality nursing care to ensure a positive service user experience.
- Provide leadership in nursing quality improvement.
- To foster a culture which encourages nurses to be innovative, challenging in the interests of service user care and lead in quality improvement initiatives.
- To identify areas of good practice and embed continuous learning from errors, near misses and successes in order to offer opportunities for continuous development.
- To be a key member of the organisation Infection control Committee.
- To ensure all risks associated with infection control are identified at the earliest opportunity.
- To contribute to organisational, regional and local governance arrangements in partnership with the Director of Governance and Quality Assurance Managers (QAMs).
- To support the Director of Nursing in the development of workforce plans and influence recruitment and retention of nurses to ensure a high calibre and sustainable workforce.
- Support the Director of Nursing and hospitals within allocated regions with the development of new roles in nursing.To lead on specific projects in conjunction with the Director of Nursing.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary Dependent on Experience
- Generous annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service
- Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
We are looking for someone who is/has...
- Registered Nurse - Currently live on the Nursing and Midwifery Council Register
- Masters level or equivalent level of experience.
- Extensive post registration experience.
- Carried out a role with significant Leadership responsibilities.
- Knowledge of clinical governance & risk management with a demonstrable track record of achievement in quality and patient safety.
- Experience of successful partnership working with external agencies.
- Evidence of consistent updating of clinical skills and knowledge.
- Experience of Regulation inspections.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, contact David Wilmott, our Director of Nursing, by sending your CV and a covering letter to DavidWilmott@cygnethealth.co.uk